Yvonne has over 18 years of experience in the mental health field in a variety of settings including community college, Employee Assistance Program, community psychiatric emergency services, and juvenile justice system to name a few. She enjoys working with family’s, adolescents, adults, and couples in both traditional and nontraditional or blended families.
Yvonne has a specialization in marriage and family therapy from Our Lady of the Lake University and completed her postgraduate training at the former San Antonio Gay and Lesbian Community Center.
“I believe it is an honor and privilege to be chosen to walk with you for awhile on your journey. I look forward to listening to you and together discover healthier ways of being and communicating.”
Mission: To promote self care around the world, one person at a time.
Motto: “Do not fear the unknown, for when you explore the unknown, you may discover your unknown potential.” (Unknown)
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified LPC Board approved Supervisor
- Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology Our Lady of the Lake University-Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified in Violence Prevention and Intervention
- Certified Crisis Worker
Enjoy working with:
- Grief and loss
- Trauma\post-traumatic stress
- Anxiety and depression
- Bipolar disorder
Enjoy using interventions such as:
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Narrative and Collaborative Language